According to a special report by BRP, retailers are focused on significantly expanding the use of mobile technology for customer identification, customer engagement, associate training and task management, point of sale (POS) and payments. The BRP Special Report: The Mobile World of Retail assesses how mobile devices are completely changing retail operations and the shopping experience for today’s consumers.
“Putting mobile devices in the hands of store associates is now a necessity to keep up with the customer who has a plethora of information available at her fingertips,” said Perry Kramer, vice president, BRP. “Associate mobile devices enhance the shopping experience by accessing real-time inventory and customer data and offering the ability to service customers and process transactions anywhere in the store.”
To better understand the actual impact mobile devices are having on retail and the shopping experience, BRP surveyed the top North American retailers to explore the current state of how mobile technology is shaping retail capabilities, priorities and processes. This special report digs deeper into findings from the BRP 2017 POS/Customer Engagement Benchmarking Survey to explore the significant impact of mobile devices on store operations and how they are “changing retail as we know it.”
The report emphasizes how mobile devices are impacting retail in five key areas:
- CUSTOMER IDENTIFICATION – Identifying the customer and then delivering a personalized experience is identified as one of this year’s top priorities by 70% of retailers
- CUSTOMER ENGAGEMENT – 31% of retailers plan to implement mobile tools for customer engagement within the next 12 months
- ASSOCIATE TRAINING AND TASK MANAGEMENT – 89% of retailers plan to offer mobile solutions to associates within three years
- MOBILE POS – By 2020, 84% of retailers will utilize mobile POS in their stores
- MOBILE PAYMENT – Mobile payment acceptance is increasing rapidly with fewer retailers taking a wait and see approach
The BRP Special Report: The Mobile World of Retail platinum sponsor is Manhattan Associates and the gold sponsors are Aptos, Diebold Nixdorf, EarthLink, Experian Data Quality, Fujitsu, PCMS, Salesforce Commerce Cloud and Tata Consultancy Services.
To download the complete BRP Special Report: The Mobile World of Retail, visit:
Original press release: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2017/04/prweb14270944.htm